Printer Friendly View|
Virginia Energy Overview Diagram
- Renewable energy includes biofuels, hydroelectricity, solar, wind, and geothermal energy. Biofuels includes wood, waste, and ethanol. Data are estimates from Table 293-298, State Energy Data Report, EIA.
- Accurate data on nuclear energy not available for in Production chart or Consumption by Fuel.
- Accurate data on nuclear power plant efficiency is not readily available. Therefore, nuclear energy consumption is assumed to be equal to nuclear energy generation, and therefore it is assumed that all nuclear energy generated was consumed.
- The continuity of the above data estimates may be affected by changing data sources, estimation methodologies, and classification of fuels in categories.
- Data converted to BTU's using EIA's conversions found at Energy Calculator - Common Units and Conversions.
- Totals may not equal sum of components due to independent rounding.
View Overview Table