Virginia Energy Overview Diagram
- Renewable energy includes biofuels, hydroelectricity, solar,
wind, and geothermal energy. Biofuels includes wood, waste, and ethanol. Data
are estimates from Table 293-298, State Energy Data Report, EIA.
- Accurate data on change in petroleum stocks is not readily
available. Therefore petroleum imports are assumed equal to consumption minus
- Accurate data on nuclear power plant efficiency is not
readily available. Therefore, nuclear energy imports are assumed to be equal
to nuclear energy consumption.
- Electricity imports represent net electricity imports and
associated losses. For further details, see Virginia
Energy Overview, Consumption (BTUs, all sectors), footnotes.
- Coal and natural gas production, imports and exports, and
change in stocks and storage were calculated by VCCER by multiplying published
annual quantity figures by thermal
- The continuity of the above data estimates may be affected
by changing data sources, estimation methodologies, and classification of
fuels in categories.
- Totals may not equal sum of components due to independent
- N/A refers to data unavailable from referenced sources at time of last update.
View Overview Table